themachinelive.com

the machine live

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:17 am

Post subject: Collingswood Show 02/11/12
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:43 pm 

I thought Vicki said she was starting a thread for this show but I didn't see it, so here's mine.

This should be a great show since the band has had over a month off. Unfortunately, that means I have had over a month off too, so I am in need of a major Machine fix.

I know I rarely make requests :roll: but I have a couple of suggestions this time. How about Tigers. I haven't heard that one in a long time and it's one of those songs that gives me goose bumps. Another one I'd like to hear is Let There Be More Light.

See you all in a few days.

Ron

Post subject: Re: Collingswood Show 02/11/12
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:38 pm 

Thanks, Ron... I meant to start a Collingswood thread Mon morning but never did... just haven't been on the computer much lately, and when I was, I wasn't in a posting mood I guess.

So far I know that Ron, AHF and I will be at this show... anyone else? I would think more Philly/Keswick regulars would show up for this one, but it seems they often don't for whatever reason. It's a very nice venue with good sound, I'd recommend coming out!

Ron and I (and possibly AHF) are meeting up preshow for dinner, I believe at the Catch It Grog & Grill just down the street a ways, I believe around 5:30. That should give us plenty of time to eat and chat and drive back to the venue and park before showtime at 8:00. If anyone wants to join us, you're more than welcome, just speak up, or look for us there.

I'll second Ron on the Tigers request... it hit me a while back that I haven't heard that one lately, and they do it SO well. Another one I don't think I've gotten for a little while now is Echoes, and in looking back over old Collingswood setlists it doesn't appear it's ever been played there, so I'll throw that suggestion out there. (For what it's worth, the Trial sequence has been done there as an encore at least twice, and Colour/Brain/Eclipse at least once.) But honestly, I don't care... it's live Floyd music, it's all good... I just know I need a Machine fix! :)

--Vik 8)