themachinelive.com

the machine live

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:59 pm

Post subject: State Theater
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:42 pm 

Who's going to the State Theater show? I will be there. I really like the venue. It's too0 bad it's a 5-1/2 hour ride for me. At least I won't be coming back on Thanksgiving weekend. That was a real killer. I'm glad The Machine did Westbury after the Keswick this year ... much better for me.

I hope we'll hear something from The Final Cut like The Post War Dream, Southhampton Dock, or Fletcher Memorial.

Ron

Post subject: Re: State Theater
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:22 pm 

Ok, sorry for the late check-in, but I've been gathering up people for a preshow meetup. Instead of Claire & Don's next door, we're going to try something different this time... Dogwood Tavern just around the corner in the other direction from the venue... it's within walking distance, and I'm told there's a parking lot behind their building where you can park all evening just like behind Claire & Don's. Some people I know from JamBase who are locals suggested the place. Meetup time is 6:00, though some may roll in later, but that's ok because I'll be hanging there a good while. I am not making a reservation since I don't have anywhere near an exact headcount and people may roll in at different times, but I'm told getting a table there shouldn't be a problem. Dogwood's Tavern's address is 132 W. Broad St... here's a link to the place: http://dogwoodtavern.com/

As for rollcall, so far I've got:
Me
Ron
OJ & a buddy (forget his name now, but he's been to a couple shows before... Albert?)
Dara & Steve
at least 1 and maybe more people from JamBase (my first time meeting them, should be interesting), plus whoever they bring with them (somebody is having a birthday)

I'm assuming Dani will be at the show as usual, and I'm trying to get her to the meetup, but I haven't been able to reach her yet by phone or email (not sure if my contact info is still good). If anyone sees her tonight in Charlottesville, please tell her to contact me or read this thread.

Unfortunately, Bill & Cindy will not be making it this time... they're hitting the Charlottesville show tonight instead, as it's closer to them.

AHF also will not be there... he's a tribute band junkie and he opted for a different Floyd tribute that night :? ... I warned him I was gonna rat him out, hehe... but he hates his drive to Falls Church so I'm sure that will be his defense. :P

By the way, someone asked me if this show is going to sell out... I said good question... I just called the box office and was told yes it usually does and it should this time too... it was highly recommended to buy now, though there will probably still be some tix left tomorrow night if you get there early enough.

I'm SO looking forward to partying with my friends and The Machine at The State... woo-hoo! :D

--Vik 8)

PS: I could really go for some Fletcher too... it's been a while! Or Post War Dream... any Final Cut material is always fine with me! :)

Post subject: Re: State Theater
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:27 pm 

Fletcher Memorial Home would be a treat, that song just kinda makes you smile and nod your head don't it. Didn't Waters do a different verion of the Tigers Broke Free on that album? The Final Cut isn't one of his/thier better albums but it does have a couple oustanding tunes on it.
How about Astrominie Dominie? been a long time since we've heard taht one at The State and that song just gets better with each telling don't it.
lets not overlook Animals either, anything from Animals in the second set would be a treat.
Yup, my buddy Albers will be there - he's been an addict since that symphony show in Philadelphia - which i think remarkable since he is such a linear music lover. According to him a band needs only a loud, screamin guitar playin blusey licks and anything else detracts from the overall effect.
I am not sure how many of us and when we will arrive, plans are fluid right now.
I'll post again later, see you there for sure. oj