themachinelive.com

the machine live

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:36 am

Post subject: NICK MASON UNPLUGGED
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:19 am 

The trouble is that I've never been around too many famous people, though I did drive Bo Derek to the Airport once (don't ask...). Of course I've seen Nick Mason at countless occasions, like the Goodwood Festival of Speed and the classic Grand Prix in Monaco racing his BRM and Maseratis, so I'm well aware that he's not the average MTV-nightmare insisting on wearing sunglasses whenever the sun doesn’t shine. But then this is the guy that played the drums on legendary albums like Dark Side of the Moon, Wish you were here and The Wall for Christ's sake. "We don't need no e-du-ca-tion". That was Mr. Mason on the drums. I saw the movie and I heard the album over and over again growing up.

Lots of questions – no Pink Floyd Albums

And then when I meet the man himself in his London office, it dawns on me that I don't have a single Pink Floyd album in my record collection. Strange as it may seem, this throws me completely off balance. My mental word processor - which just a few seconds ago was crammed full with questions - goes completely blank, and I hear myself saying things like "Uhm, that's interesting..." when Nick patiently and ever so relaxed answers one of my fumbling questions. The Mason HQ is located in Gifford Street in London. This is where you'll also find Ten Tenths, the Company founded by Nick Mason in the 80's.

Ten Tenths – anything with four wheels

If you would ever require an ex-Gilles Villeneuve Ferrari Formula-1 car, a Sinclair C5 or even a Trabant then these are the people you'd want to call. Ten Tenths can get you just about anything with four wheel (or less) for events, TV commercials, music videos or exhibitions. Ten Tenths is not run on a day-to-day basis by Nick Mason himself, but by Mike Hallowes. And even though it’s very much a niche market, Ten Tenths is doing very well for itself. “We seem to have got a name for being able to deal with difficult requests quickly,â€