Comfortably Numb

E:
Waiting For the Worms
Stop!
The Trial
Outside the Wall

Post subject: Re: Glenside, PA 11/27/09 setlist
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:47 pm 

I don't really have time to post much right now, but last night was a great show. A few little "shit happens" kind of quirks and technical difficulties, but the band and Howie handled it all like the true professionals they are, and overall it was an AWESOME show. One highlight for me was getting the rare treat of Celestial Voices, which took the place of Great Gig after Breathe and Time and sounded great. Also Fat Old Sun was amazing... started out so simple and beautiful and gradually built into a powerful wall of sound... just perfect. I was also marveling throughout the night at Joe's perfect Roger voice and his wonderful mastery of the lap steel and the talkbox during various songs. I was reminded of one of the other Floyd tributes I saw (either PFX or Brain Damage, can't remember) play Pigs without a talk box, instead playing all those parts on the guitar... wtf?... definitely a let down. Joe is definitely the man and TM never disappoints! Looking forward to doing it all again tonight! :D

--Vik 8)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:22 pm 

Thanksgiving wouldn't be Thanksgiving without this show, it's become that much of a tradition!

Enjoyed the show, and as Vikki mentioned, Celestial Voices was incredible. After noticing there wasn't a mic next to Ryan for female vocals, I was hoping for the Celestial substitute for Great Gig, as I had seen this once before and it blew me away.

Joe's vocals on Final Cut nails me every time - amazing! Loved hearing Arnold Layne, as Syd's material is always a treat.

The one that struck me the most though was the Trial and Outside the Wall to end the encore. I was at the Wetlands show back in 1999 or so when The Machine gave their last show prior to "retriing", and after standing in the front for several hours and seeing them play their hearts out as they went through their entire catalogue, Outside the Wall was the last song they played - very sad at the time to say the least. It took several years until that song was played again, and it's great to see it is part of an upbeat, joyful ending to several shows of late!

Looking forward to the BB Kings shows for yet another part of holiday tradition!

Shine On!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:10 pm 

Mike!!!!
Both BB's shows or just one?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:59 pm 

One definite maybe both!!!